SHORT CODES (also known as short numbers) are special telephone numbers, significantly shorter than full telephone numbers and usually consisting of five digits. Short codes are designed to be easier to read and remembered than normal telephone numbers which are used for SMS/MMS delivery. Short codes are widely used for value-added services such as charity donations, polls, mobile services and ordering ringtones. Each short code is designed to be unique for each Service user.
Short codes are a great SMS marketing tool which enables company-customer two-way communication, but they’re also used for building awareness. They are used by corporations for promotional purposes, marketing campaigns, to hold sweepstakes, reward systems, selling products, and distributing information.
Benefits of using IPKO SHORT CODE Service:
- Exposes your number and message to a large customer base
- Offers a short number that is easily remembered
- Saves time and money
- Is in-line with contemporary business trends
- Makes your organization different in the market
- Is easy to use and tailored to one’s needs